If you're planning a visit to Walmer Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Walmer Castle – Walmer Castle is a stunning 16th century artillery castle located near Walmer Beach. It's an English Heritage property and is open to visitors, who can explore the castle's impressive grounds and parklands.
- Take a Walk along the Beach – Walmer Beach offers a great opportunity to take a relaxing stroll and enjoy some spectacular views of the English Channel.
- Try Sea Fishing – The Walmer Beach area is a great spot for sea fishing, so be sure to bring your rod and tackle for the chance to catch some local fish.
- Visit Walmer Green – Walmer Green is a large public park located near the beach, with plenty of space for walking and picnicking.
- Shop at Deal Market – Deal Market is the largest market in the area and is a great place to shop for fresh produce, clothing and more.
- Visit Deal Castle – Deal Castle is a 16th century fortification built by Henry VIII, and is now open to the public and filled with interesting historical exhibits.
- Take a Boat Trip – There are a number of boat trips that can be taken in the area, including trips to the nearby Goodwin Sands.
- Visit Walmer Lifeboat Station – Walmer Lifeboat Station is a great place to visit to learn more about the brave volunteers who help to keep the seas safe.
- Bird-Watching at the North Deal Marshes – The North Deal Marshes are a great spot for bird-watching, with a variety of species to be found.
- Explore the Walmer and Kingsdown Cliffs – Walmer and Kingsdown offer some of the most spectacular views in the area and are a great place for a walk.
- Go Horse Riding – There are several horse riding centres near Walmer Beach, offering lessons and rides along the beach and through the local countryside.
- Visit the Walmer and Kingsdown Golf Club – The Walmer and Kingsdown Golf Club is a great place to practice your swing and take in the stunning coastal views.
- Enjoy a Meal at the Beach – There are several restaurants and cafes located near Walmer Beach, offering delicious meals with a view.
- Visit Walmer Beach Bar – The Walmer Beach Bar is the perfect spot to grab a drink and soak up some sun while watching the waves roll in.
- Take a Trip to Dover – Dover is just a short drive from Walmer Beach and offers plenty of attractions, including the iconic White Cliffs of Dover.
There are many things to see and do near Walmer Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!