If you're planning a visit to Dover, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- White Cliffs of Dover — Explore the iconic White Cliffs of Dover, a symbol of England for centuries. Take a walk along the cliffs, visit the Visitor's Centre and learn about the cliffs' history.
- Dover Castle — Visit the largest castle in England and explore the grounds. Learn about the castle's history and the part it played in the WWII.
- Dover Museum — Visit the Dover Museum and learn about the town's history and its role as a major port. The museum also has a range of artefacts from the prehistoric times to the present day.
- Dover Seafront — Take a stroll along the seafront and enjoy the views of the English Channel. Visit the beach and enjoy some lunch at one of the many restaurants and cafes.
- Walmer Castle — Visit this beautiful castle and learn about its history. Take a guided tour of the grounds and enjoy the beautiful gardens.
- Deal Castle — Explore this 16th century castle and learn about its history. Enjoy the views from the ramparts and take a walk along the beach.
- Samphire Hoe — Visit this nature reserve and take a walk along the nature trails. Enjoy the views of the English Channel and watch the birds and wildlife.
- South Foreland Lighthouse — Visit the South Foreland Lighthouse and learn about its history. Take a tour of the lighthouse and enjoy the views of the English Channel.
- Dover Transport Museum — Visit the Dover Transport Museum and explore the collection of vintage vehicles. Learn about the history of transport in the town and its role in the war.
- Dover Western Heights — Explore the Dover Western Heights and enjoy the views of the town. Take a walk along the walls and learn about the fortifications that were built to defend the town.
- Dover Regatta — Visit Dover during the summer and take part in the annual regatta. Enjoy the sailing races and the other activities taking place during the event.
- Dover Cruise Terminal — Take a day trip from the Dover Cruise Terminal and explore the surrounding area. Enjoy the views from the boat and watch the ships come and go.
- St. Martin's Church — Visit St. Martin's Church and explore the beautiful architecture. Take a tour of the church and admire the stained glass windows and other features.
- Astor Theatre — Visit the Astor Theatre and enjoy a show or a film. Take a tour of the theatre and learn about its history.
- Dover Roman Painted House — Visit the Dover Roman Painted House and explore the remains of a Roman villa. Learn about the history of the villa and the artwork that remains.
There are many things to see and do near Dover. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!