If you're planning a visit to Dymchurch, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Dymchurch Beach – Take a stroll along the sandy beach, or relax in the sun. Enjoy the views across to the Romney Marsh.
- Explore St. Peter & St. Paul Church – Visit this Grade I listed church and explore its beautiful architecture.
- Visit Dymchurch Amusement Park – Enjoy a variety of rides, games, and attractions. There are plenty of activities for all ages.
- Go Horse Riding – Horse riding is a great way to explore the surrounding countryside. There are plenty of local stables and riding schools nearby.
- Visit the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway – Take a ride on the world's largest 15 inch gauge railway. Enjoy the picturesque views along the coast.
- Visit the World War II Defence Lines – Take a guided tour of the World War II defence lines. See the bunkers, pill boxes, and gun emplacements.
- Shopping in Dymchurch – Browse the shops and boutiques in the village. There are plenty of local stores offering unique gifts and souvenirs.
- Explore Samphire Hoe – Visit this beautiful nature reserve situated at the end of the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway.
- Dymchurch Martello Tower – Explore this fascinating piece of history. The 15th century tower offers great views across the countryside.
- Visit the Dymchurch Wreck – Explore the remains of the famous World War II wreck, and learn about the history of the area.
- Watch the sunset from Dymchurch Beach – Enjoy the stunning views across the marsh as the sun sets.
- Visit St Mary's Church – Visit this Grade I listed church, and explore its history.
- Go Fishing – Fishing is a popular activity in the area. There are plenty of fishing spots to choose from.
- Visit the Dymchurch Wall – Take a walk along the historic wall, and learn about its history.
There are many things to see and do near Dymchurch. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!