If you're planning a visit to Sheerness, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit the Shipwreck Museum – Situated in Sheerness, the Shipwreck Museum is a great place to learn about the area's maritime history. The museum houses many artifacts from ships that have been wrecked in the area and also offers interactive displays and activities.
- Take a Stroll Along the Beach – Sheerness has a beautiful beach with plenty of sand and crystal clear waters. Take a stroll along the beach to relax and take in the stunning views.
- Enjoy a Picnic at Sheerness Park – Sheerness Park is a great place to enjoy a picnic with family and friends. There are many activities on offer such as tennis, basketball, and mini golf.
- Explore the Sheerness Memorial – The Sheerness Memorial is dedicated to those who lost their lives during the Battle of Britain. It features a stone wall with the names of all those who died in the battle.
- Go Shopping at Sheerness High Street – Sheerness High Street is a great place to go shopping, with many shops, cafes, and restaurants. There are also plenty of local markets which sell fresh produce.
- Visit the Sheppey Light Railway – The Sheppey Light Railway is a preserved railway in Sheerness, which runs from Sheerness-on-Sea to Queenborough. Take a ride on the train for a fun day out.
- Explore the Sheerness Dockyard – The Sheerness Dockyard is a great place to explore the history of the area. There are many old buildings and artifacts to explore, as well as a museum which explains the history of the dockyard.
- Take a Boat Trip – The Sheerness Marina offers boat trips around the local area. This is a great way to experience the local wildlife and scenery.
- Visit the Sheerness Heritage Centre – The Sheerness Heritage Centre is a great place to learn about the local area. There are many interactive exhibits, as well as a library to browse.
- Visit the Sheerness Library – This library, located in Sheerness, offers a great selection of books, magazines, and newspapers. There is also a children's section, as well as regular events such as story time.
- Enjoy a Meal at a Local Restaurant – Sheerness has many restaurants offering a variety of cuisines. Enjoy a meal out and sample some of the local delicacies.
- Go Bird Watching – Sheerness is a great place to go bird watching. Keep an eye out for the many different species of birds that can be spotted in this area.
- Explore the Local Nature Reserve – The Sheppey Nature Reserve is a great place to explore the local wildlife and plant life. There are many trails to explore, as well as bird watching opportunities.
- Visit the Sheerness Airfield – The Sheerness airfield is a great place to explore the local aviation history. There are many aircraft on display, as well as an exhibition about the airfield.
There are many things to see and do near Sheerness. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!