If you're planning a visit to Herne Bay Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Go Kayaking – Herne Bay beach is a great spot to go kayaking and paddleboarding. There are several companies offering rentals and tours which make it easy to get out on the water and explore the area.
- Visit Reculver Towers – The ruins of Reculver Towers are a great place to explore and learn about the history of the area. The towers date back to the 7th century and offer stunning views of the sea.
- Enjoy a Picnic – Pack a picnic basket and spend an afternoon at the beach. Herne Bay beach is perfect for a peaceful picnic.
- Take a Boat Trip – For the more adventurous, take a boat trip to the nearby islands of Whitstable and Margate. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the sea from the comfort of your boat.
- Explore the Wildlife – Herne Bay beach is home to a variety of wildlife including seabirds, seals and dolphins. Take a walk along the beach and keep an eye out for these majestic creatures.
- Visit the Museum – The Herne Bay Museum is a great way to learn more about the history of the area. The museum has a range of exhibitions and activities for all ages.
- Visit the Local Markets – Herne Bay beach is home to a number of local markets which are perfect for picking up souvenirs and gifts.
- Play Mini Golf – Take a break from the beach and challenge your family and friends to a game of mini golf. There is a mini golf course at the nearby Herne Bay pier.
- Go Swimming – Herne Bay beach is a great spot to take a dip in the sea. The beach is sheltered from the wind and the water is usually calm.
- Visit a Theme Park – For a fun day out, visit the nearby theme park at Dreamland Margate. The park has rides, shows and attractions for all ages.
- Enjoy a Walks – Take a walk along the beach and enjoy the stunning views of the sea. There are also plenty of footpaths in the area for more adventurous walks.
- Go Fishing – Fishing is a popular pastime at Herne Bay beach. Whether you're an experienced angler or a beginner, there is plenty of fish to be caught in the area.
- Take a Cycling Tour – Explore the area on two wheels with a guided cycling tour. There are a number of companies offering tours of the area.
- Take a Boat Ride – Enjoy a boat ride and take in the stunning views of Herne Bay beach from the sea.
- Relax at a Spa – After a day of exploring, relax and unwind at one of the local spa resorts. Enjoy a range of treatments and therapies to help you relax and rejuvenate.
There are many things to see and do near Herne Bay Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!