If you're planning a visit to Seasalter, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Whitstable Castle – Located in the coastal town of Whitstable, this castle is the oldest surviving building in the area, having been built in 1220. It offers a great chance to explore the local history and take in some of the stunning views across the estuary.
- Explore Seasalter Beach – This beautiful beach provides a great opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty of the area. Visitors can explore the sand, take a dip in the sea, or simply relax and take in the wonderful views out to sea.
- Visit Reculver Castle – This Norman castle, built in the 11th century, stands proudly on the cliffs overlooking the sea. It provides a great chance to explore the historic fortifications and take in some of the stunning views of the coast.
- Have Fun at the Whitstable Oyster Festival – This annual event celebrates the local seafood industry and offers a range of activities and live music. Visitors can sample local seafood and soak up the atmosphere of this vibrant festival.
- Take a Boat Trip – There are a variety of boat trips available from Whitstable Harbour, allowing visitors to explore the estuary and take in some of the stunning views of the area.
- Visit Canterbury Cathedral – Located in the city of Canterbury, this iconic cathedral is a must-see for visitors to the area. It offers a chance to explore the magnificent architecture and learn about the cathedral's fascinating history.
- Enjoy a Day Out at Wildwood – This family-friendly wildlife park provides a great opportunity to get up close to some of the native British wildlife. Visitors can take a guided tour, learn about conservation and even take part in some of the activities on offer.
- Take a Tour of the Seasalter Salt Marshes – This area of unspoiled marshland provides a great opportunity to explore the local wildlife and take in the stunning views across the estuary.
- Visit the Seasalter Nature Reserve – This nature reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including rare birds and butterflies. Visitors can take a guided tour, learn about the wildlife and take in some of the wonderful views.
- Explore the Seasalter Cliffs – The cliffs around this area offer a great opportunity to explore the local geology and take in some of the stunning views out to sea.
- Have Fun at Whitstable Harbour – This popular harbour offers a variety of activities for visitors, including boat trips, fishing and a range of watersports.
- Take a Walk Along the Estuary – This tranquil area provides a great opportunity to explore the local wildlife and take in some of the stunning views.
- Visit the Seasalter Museum – This fascinating museum offers a great chance to explore the local history and learn about the area's past.
- Visit Whitstable Castle Hill – This popular spot provides a great opportunity to take in some of the stunning views across the estuary and explore the ruins of the castle.
There are many things to see and do near Seasalter. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!