If you're planning a visit to Broadstairs, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Viking Bay — Broadstairs' main sandy beach is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and building sandcastles.
- Visit the Charles Dickens Centre — This museum is dedicated to the author's time spent in Broadstairs, and includes information about his works and life.
- Take a Tour of the White Cliffs of Dover — A must-see for visitors to the area, the White Cliffs of Dover are located a short drive away and offer stunning views of the English Channel.
- Explore the Botany Bay — This quaint fishing village is home to a number of quaint shops, restaurants, and galleries.
- Visit the Dreamland Amusement Park — This classic amusement park features rides, arcades, and plenty of family-friendly fun.
- Take a Walk Down Royal Parade — This iconic seafront promenade is lined with beautiful Victorian-style buildings and has been a popular destination for centuries.
- Explore the Historic Town of Ramsgate — Ramsgate is home to an array of interesting attractions, including a harbour, a castle, and a number of historic buildings.
- Visit Walmer Castle and Gardens — This stunning Elizabethan castle is located just a short drive away and boasts majestic gardens and stunning views of the English Channel.
- Visit Broadstairs Food Festival — This award-winning food festival takes place every year in June and features a range of local produce, cooking demonstrations, and entertainment.
- Explore the Kent Coastline — With miles of picturesque coastline, Kent is a great place to explore on foot or by bicycle.
- Visit Margate Old Town — This charming little town is home to a number of independent shops, cafes, and galleries.
- Take a Boat Trip to the Goodwin Sands — The Goodwin Sands are a series of sandbanks located off the coast of Kent, and offer a great day out for all the family.
- Visit the Turner Contemporary Art Gallery — This modern art gallery is located in Margate and showcases contemporary and modern art exhibitions.
- Visit Pegwell Bay — This stunning nature reserve is home to a large variety of wildlife and is a great place for birdwatching and nature walks.
- Visit Broadstairs Waterpark — This fun water park is a great place to cool off in the summer months, and features a range of exciting water slides and activities.
There are many things to see and do near Broadstairs. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!