If you're planning a visit to Shellness Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Take a Walk on Shellness Beach – Take a leisurely stroll along the beach and enjoy the stunning views of the sea and the White Cliffs of Dover. You can even take a dip in the waves.
- Visit the Bird Observatory – Head to the Shellness Peninsula to see the local bird population. The observatory offers a great opportunity to spot rare birds and other wildlife.
- Explore the Beachside Nature Reserve – The nature reserve is a great spot for wildlife enthusiasts. You can spot a variety of birds and other wildlife and take in the stunning views.
- Enjoy a Pint at the Pub – Head to the local pub, the Shellness Beach Inn, for an evening of great food, drinks and conversation.
- Visit the Local Vineyard – Spend the day at the nearby Chapel Down Winery, where you can sample some of the finest English wines around.
- Visit the Local Churches – Take a tour of the local churches in the area, including the nearby St Mary Magdalene Church and St Mary's Church.
- Hike the Local Trails – Explore the local trails, including the Shellness Trail, which offers stunning views of the area.
- Enjoy the Local Cuisine – Try out the local cuisine at one of the local restaurants. You can find a variety of seafood dishes, as well as traditional English dishes.
- Visit the Roman Fort – Explore the remains of the Roman fort at Reculver, which was built in the 2nd century AD.
- Explore the Local History – Take a trip to the nearby local museum to learn about the area's history.
- Go Fishing – Spend the day fishing in the nearby waters. You can even rent a boat and go out on the sea.
- Take a Wildlife Boat Trip – Go on a boat trip to spot some of the local wildlife, including seals, dolphins and other marine life.
- Visit the Shellness Lifeboat Station – Take a tour of the local lifeboat station, where you can learn more about the area's maritime history.
- Shop at the Local Markets – Spend a day shopping at the local markets, where you can find items from local artisans.
- Take a Tour of the Local Farms – Take a tour of the local farms, including the nearby Brede Farm, where you can get a taste of rural life.
There are many things to see and do near Shellness Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!