If you're planning a visit to Tankerton Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Fun on the Beach – Tankerton Beach is the perfect spot to spend the day. With plenty of sand to explore, swimming, sunbathing, kite flying, and building sandcastles, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
- Explore the Local Wildlife – Tankerton Beach is surrounded by an area of natural beauty and is home to a variety of birds, insects, and marine life. Take a stroll along the beach and see what you can spot.
- Visit Tankerton Slopes – Tankerton Slopes is a local beauty spot with stunning views of the sea and countryside. Take a picnic and enjoy a leisurely stroll along the clifftops.
- Visit Whitstable Harbour – Take a trip to the nearby Whitstable Harbour. Explore the quaint little shops and restaurants, catch a boat trip, and spot some of the local wildlife.
- Tour the Oyster Fishery – Take a guided tour of the Oyster Fishery to learn about the history of oyster farming and how it has shaped the local area.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip from Whitstable Harbour and explore some of the local coastline and coves.
- Enjoy a Day at the Races – Head to the nearby Great Lines Heritage Park and take in a day at the races. Enjoy some of the local cuisine and have a flutter on the horses.
- Take a Bike Ride – Take a bike ride along the stunning cycle paths which wind their way through the local area. Stop off at the various attractions along the way.
- Visit the Seaside Town of Herne Bay – Herne Bay is a traditional seaside town with plenty of shops, restaurants, and attractions. Take a stroll down the promenade and enjoy some of the local sights.
- Visit the Canterbury Cathedral – Take a trip to the nearby Canterbury Cathedral and explore one of the most iconic buildings in England.
- Enjoy a Game of Golf – Take advantage of the local golf courses and tee off for a round of golf with friends.
- Visit a Historic Castle – Take a trip to the nearby Margate Castle and explore its grounds. Learn about its history and take in the spectacular views from the top of the tower.
- Take a Tour of the Local Vineyards – Visit the local vineyards and take a tour of the wine-making process. Sample some of the local wines and enjoy a delicious lunch.
- Explore the Local Village of Tankerton – Take a stroll around the local village of Tankerton and explore some of the unique shops and restaurants.
- Visit Whitstable Castle – Take a trip to the nearby Whitstable Castle and take in its stunning grounds. Explore the castle and learn about its history.
There are many things to see and do near Tankerton Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!