If you're planning a visit to Herne Bay, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Reculver Towers and Roman Fort – Located in a stunning setting with breathtaking views of the Kent coastline, Reculver Towers and Roman Fort is a must-see attraction. The site was once an important Roman fort, and the two towers of the Saxon church remain in the area.
- Take a stroll along Herne Bay Promenade – One of the most popular destinations in Herne Bay, the promenade offers a relaxing place to take a leisurely stroll along the seafront, with plenty of shops and restaurants to explore.
- Enjoy a picnic at Kings Hall – Kings Hall is a beautiful park located in Herne Bay and is the perfect spot to enjoy a picnic or take a leisurely stroll. The park is also home to the Herne Bay Museum, which provides an insight into the local history.
- Climb Herne Bay Pier – Built in 1832, Herne Bay Pier is a Grade II listed structure and is a popular destination for visitors to the town. The pier offers stunning views of the sea, and is a great place to watch the sunset.
- Visit the Clock Tower – The Clock Tower is a Grade II listed building located in Herne Bay, and is one of the most prominent landmarks in the town. The tower houses a clock and the bells are still sounded every hour.
- Explore Herne Bay Little Theatre – Herne Bay Little Theatre is a popular theatre and offers a range of live performances, from comedy shows to pantomimes. The theatre is also home to the Herne Bay Arts Club, which holds regular meetings and workshops.
- Visit the Bandstand – The Bandstand is a listed building and is located in Herne Bay's Memorial Gardens. It is a popular destination for visitors to the town, and hosts a range of events throughout the year.
- Take a boat ride on Whitstable Harbour – Whitstable Harbour is a popular destination for visitors to the area, and offers a range of boat trips and boat hire. The harbour also hosts a variety of events, such as the annual Oyster Festival.
- Visit Herne Bay Museum – Herne Bay Museum is a great way to learn more about the local history, and features a range of displays and artefacts. The museum also hosts a range of events throughout the year.
- Explore Herne Bay High Street – Herne Bay High Street is a popular shopping destination, and is home to a range of shops, cafes and restaurants. The street is also home to the Herne Bay Carnival, which is held each year.
- Try some seafood at Whitstable Oyster Company – Whitstable Oyster Company is a popular seafood restaurant, and offers a range of fresh and delicious oysters, mussels, crab and more.
- Visit St Mary's Church – St Mary's Church is a Grade I listed building and is a popular destination for visitors to Herne Bay. The church is renowned for its beautiful stained-glass windows, and the graveyard is a peaceful spot for reflection.
- Enjoy a round of golf at Herne Bay Golf Club – Herne Bay Golf Club is a popular destination for golfers, and offers a challenging 18-hole course. The club also offers a range of facilities, including a driving range, putting green and clubhouse.
- Take a walk along Herne Bay Seafront – Herne Bay Seafront is a popular destination for visitors to the town, and offers a range of activities, such as kayaking, fishing and swimming. The seafront is also home to a range of shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Visit Whitstable Castle – Whitstable Castle is a Grade II listed building and is a popular destination for visitors to the area. The castle offers stunning views of the sea and is home to a range of events throughout the year.
There are many things to see and do near Herne Bay. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!