Isle of Grain tide times
Isle of Grain tide times
A Whale, a Shipwreck,
Amazon affiliate link
a Love Story
The amazing true story of Maurice and
Maralyn Bailey’s 118 days adrift in the
middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Things to see and do near Isle of Grain
If you're planning a visit to Isle of Grain, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Grain Tower Battery – Built in 1855, this historic fortification is open to the public and offers stunning views of the Thames Estuary.
- Explore Grain Beach – A quiet beach located just off the coast of the Isle of Grain, this is a great spot to relax and take in the beauty of the Kent coast.
- Climb Grain Lighthouse – Climb up the spiral staircase of this historic lighthouse and enjoy views of the sea, the Isle of Grain, and the surrounding countryside.
- Tour the Historic Church of St James – Step inside this 14th-century church and marvel at its architecture.
- Visit the Isle of Grain Windmill – This 19th-century windmill is a must-see for history buffs.
- Take a Hike at Grain Marshes – Explore the marshes and nature reserves of the Isle of Grain.
- Visit the Grain Marshes Nature Reserve – Take a walk around this stunning nature reserve and spot all sorts of wildlife.
- Take a Boat Trip to the Isle of Sheppey – Take a boat trip to the Isle of Sheppey and explore its stunning coastline.
- Visit the Grave of Pocahontas – Pay homage to the famous Native American princess whose body was buried here in 1617.
- Explore Grain Harbour – Take a stroll around this delightful harbour and enjoy the scenery.
- Visit Grain Castle – A ruined medieval castle, this is a great spot to explore the past.
- Take a Trip to the Isle of Harty – Take a day trip to the Isle of Harty and explore its natural beauty.
- Visit the Historic Grain Chapel – Built in the 18th century, this chapel is a great spot to explore the history of the Isle of Grain.
- Take a Walk Along the Thames Estuary – Take a walk along the Thames Estuary and take in the stunning views.
- Sample Local Cuisine at the Grain Inn – Enjoy a traditional pub meal at the Grain Inn, a local favorite.
There are many things to see and do near Isle of Grain. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!